The MIQ Program – Round 3 is currently accepting Expression of Interests (EOIs) for projects supporting the advanced manufacturing sector to become globally competitive and adopt innovative processes & technologies.
The business must submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) to the Department of State development by completing and submitting the online form to the department.
The EOI will be assessed by the department to determine the applicant’s suitability for assistance and the applicant will be advised as to whether they meet the eligibility criteria for the MIQ Program. Shortlisted applicants will then be invited to submit a Detailed Application.
Small-to-medium Queensland-based manufacturers that:
• Have not received more than $2.5 million in MIQ grants previously;
• Employ between five and 200 full time equivalent employees;
• Have a current ABN and are registered for the Goods and Services Tax;
• Have a clearly defined project that delivers benefits to the business and Queensland economy.
Eligible projects will include:
• Innovative integrated systems, processes & strategies;
• Adoption of advanced leading-edge technologies.
Projects for the upgrade of existing equipment are ineligible. Activities funded by the grant must be able to be completed or purchased within 12 months of execution of the Funding Agreement.
The project must not have commenced and not be scheduled to commence until after a Funding Agreement has been executed.
If your EOI is shortlisted, you will be invited to submit a detailed application in November 2019.
The application process is competitive and complex, with limited funds on offer. The ShineWing Australia Government Incentives team can assist in the management, preparation, and submission of the Application to the Department of State Development.